
So basically, i have been busy. I have been doing a lot of things and speaking a lot of german, which means I haven't been able to update my blog regularly.
Mid terms were last week, and even though the one midterm I had was the week before that, the stress of midterms was felt by everyone. some people still have midterms this week, but lets hope they all go well and it isn't that stressful.
let me update you about hungary and spain:
As for Hungary, we were in Budapest. we got this cheap hostel for something like €6 a night, and it was so cute of a hostel, and I really liked it. there were nice people there and everything. It was a little shock at first though. I had a stressful week, and traveling to a country that wasn't nearly as modern as western europe kindof shocked me. I really wanted to go home and relax for the first couple of hours of the trip
But, we got into town, and everything was cool

The castle at night
We basically had no plan. we walked around the city for hours, looking at things, and doing things that sounded interesting. We went to the castle, and to a statue park, and to a museum in the castle. we also did some really cheap shopping at the stores there.
The statue park was really cool. It was some old statues from the communist era, that were basically thrown out of the city when Hungary separated itself from Russia. They put the statues in this park as a sort of memorial to the older times.


The statue, and melissa pointing at the statues moldy area
Then, it was off to Barcelona over my birthday weekend! Boy, was it warm there or what! the weater was 25°C and we went swimming in the sea and everything. It was such a nice relaxing trip. Granite, there was some drama, but I didn't let that affect my birthday weekend.
The people in spain were so nice. We were sitting on a ledge, enjoying a sandwich when some nice old couple came upto us and told us to be careful with our bag. They were speaking spanish, but we figured out they were trying to help us be protected from pickpocketers. That happened about three times to us the whole weekend. That, and an old lady fell on the ground, and we got to help her until a doctor arrived (a doctor was just standing by close on the street, so we didn't have to wait long).
Barcelona pictures will be up as soon as I facebook them!
Since barcelona, I haven't done much. we went around the ringstraße, which is the main street surrounding the 1st district here in vienna. It is a beautiful street with a lot of pretty buildings. we took pictures and all that jazz. It was a lot of fun, of course, because almost everything is a lot of fun over here.



LtoR: Taking pictures of the sites, the Rathaus (city hall), Staats Oper (the state opera house)
So, yeah. some of you might be asking, 'hey Erik, what did you do for thanksgiving, since they don't celebrate it over there?' Well let me tell you!
We had a thanksgiving feast. yes, a thanksgiving feast, ladies and gentlemen. What does an Austrian/American Thanksgiving fest entail? Well, for starters, all completely homecooked food. Let me tell you this, it was one of the best thanksgiving food I have had ever. Everything was made fresh from scratch, and with products from austria (which are much more healthy/organic than in the us). Then, we enjoyed it with our friends and professors.

Mmmmm, but the fun isn't over yet! After dinner, it was time for some dancing. We did some crazy German/Austrian dance (or that is atleast what I thought it was) and had fun trying to figure out how to do that. Afterwards, we decided to do an inchworm race on the ground. It was kindof ridiculous because it was spur of the moment, and the girls decided to put something on over their dresses so no one could see their underwear

With that being said, the girls decided to sumo wrestle:

Afterwards, we sang disney songs and acted them out. Coincidentally, the theater professor was there and thought we did lovely, and now has some ideas for things to do during our Theater weekend seminar in January. :D Hopefully something really fun
My friend Ryan and his friend Paul also came to visit. We had a lot of fun while he was here.
What else happened after that? Well, not too much. We have done some exploring of the Christmas Markets some self made excursions around Vienna, etc. Mostly studying and doing the midterm thing.


But yes, we have break from December 19th until January 6th, or something like that. I plan on going to Amsterdam (tickets already bought), Krakow Poland, and some other place cool. I don't know yet, but I would love to go to Sweden, if someone will go with me. If not, I shall have to try the traveling alone thing and see how that goes
Well, until next time! Hopefully not in two months.
No comments:
Post a Comment